Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Joy Surprised!

OK....way too tired to be doing this right now...so please be patient with me...

If you read my previous post, "Surprised by Joy", you'll already know that God has been blessing my socks off!!! New friends are ministering to my heart and lonliness is daily becoming more and more a stranger. Who knew that having the courage to write an entry for a contest would open up so many doors in my life. Doors of acceptance. Doors of friendship and laughter. Doors of prayer. Doors of openness and accountability. Doors of love.

Last evening the "Surprised by Joy" became, "Joy Surprised". I received a couple of e-mails from precious women whom I love and highly respect and who walk so closely with the Lord. Their life's have shown faithful evidence of listening and following His voice. Through their guidance, support, overwhelming love and affirmation, followed by a sleepless night of wrestling with the Lord, this morning I registered for the "She Speaks" conference.

I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! Yet, the face of fear continues to be my reflection. So many unknowns loom ahead. I know God wants to deliver me from all my fears. So often the battle is not what's happening around us, but within us. God is calling me to trust Him BIG! My God has been too small. I've known about God, but now He is calling me to KNOW Him. He desires I taste and see that the Lord is good. I've been sampling snacks instead of feasting at the table. I've been relying too often on encountering Him second hand, through great authors, wonderful speakers, and testimonies from heroes of the faith. My life has been more explaining God, not experiencing Him. I've been teaching truth, but God is calling me to living proof.

As Goliath as my fears remain, my God is bigger - He must be. I'm arming myself with my slingshot filled with fearless verses and walking (flying?) to the front lines to see God defeat this giant in my life. Good seats are still available if you want to join me on this adventure. Victory is mine when the battle is the Lords.

8 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi Joy,
At this rate I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! I have something for you at my blog, hop over and pick it up when you can.

Love, Kelley

Carol said...

I am thrilled, Joy! New adventures on the way! I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone... GREAT things are in store!

Love,
Carol.

Holly said...

Love this Joy! Can't wait to see what will unfold for you!!! God will bless your obedience!
love, holly

Jenny said...

Hi Joy, I'm visiting from Kelley's site. I'm going to the She Speaks too! It is going to be so fun. We all are going to have to come up with a sign so we know who the bloggers are!

Have a great day!

Michelle said...

WoW Joy that is wonderful!! I am so glad things are going so well for you.

Catherine said...

Celebrating with you! You waited on God and He showed you what He wanted. He will honour you for your faithfulness.

When (if) questions and fears about this wonderful opportunity arise, remember it was God who put the pieces in place and you're following Him. Trust Him and He will provide the peace beyond all understanding.

SO happy for you friend!!!

Yolanda said...

Girlfriend,

Journal and remember these sweet times with your Forever Best Friend. Remember, where He what He has taken you from, and where you are headed....don't look back in longing, but in rejoicing that you are moving forward.

Oh, it is a JOY to read what He is doing through you. FREEDOM!

Love,
Yolanda

Anonymous said...

Joy,

Your writing is wonderful. You sound so confident and graceful. Just reading your words about fear have lifted me. You have awesome courage to do what you are doing. I'm so happy for you and today's the first time I ever heard about you. I will be visiting your site as often as I can because your spirit is so sweet and conforting. As you can tell I do not have a gift of words but just wanted to let you know I am praying for you to have boldness as never before. I have the following prayer in my notebook. It came from a crosswalk devotional (can't remember which one). Anyway I just wanted to share it with you.

God you are bigger than my fears. And no matter what I will continue to trust You and Your perfect plan. Therefore I make the choice to reject the paralyzing feeling of fear so I can walk confidently in the truth of your assurance. Amen.

I'm writing your name on the front of my notebook I try to look at and write in it everyday. I'll be praying for you.

You are gifted.

YOU GO GIRL !!!!

Dana Wade