Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Quote "Good Friend"

Couldn't sleep last night....don't know if it was the popcorn, cranberry juice or chocolate chip cookie and tea before heading to bed - any of the above could have set me off....but....thinking more it was thoughts racing through my head.
A special friend died recently - actually took her own life. This was a friend I had been witnessing to a lot recently and sharing my faith with her. She seemed so close to accepting the Lord. Why did she do this? I wasn't ready to let go. In the pain that has followed so many friends have tried to encourage me by telling me I was a "good friend". If that was really true.....where was I at 2:45pm, Thursday, November 24th when her husband found her in their basement???

3 comments:

In His Steps said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord will give you some kind of peace in this turmoil that you are experiencing.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. After losing two people in the Hurricna Katrina disaster, I know what it feels like not to be awake early in the morning. I use this time for prayer and to thank God for his many blessing.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through Suzi Q's...

Perhaps your friend did accept the Lord....that we don't know...

Please don't feel like you weren't there for her - you were! You witnessed to her and that's the most important thing.

This type of death leaves so many unanswered questions. I lost my brother to the same disease. You cannot blame yourself for not being there. Sadly, where there is a will, there is a way. In a lot of cases, the pain is so overwhelming that the person feels like death is the only true 'end' to it. But please do not give up on the hope that she accepted Christ before this happenend. Your testimony could have done just that.

God Bless,
Joy