Saturday, February 23, 2008

Look what my husband just bought me!!!!!


They say a picture is worth a thousand words...so....I'll keep this brief...or at least try!

Yesterday during my devotional time I was really, earnestly seeking the Lord's direction in regards to my writing. Was this something that HE desired for me to pursue further? While I was reading His Word, He took me to Habakkuk 1:5, "...I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." I read that and such great anticipation filled my heart. I asked the Lord to somehow confirm if He desired me to devote more time to my passsion for writing.

Well....this morning....my husband bought me a HUGE SURPRISE!!!! My very own laptop!!!...and it's not even my birthday or anything! I feel like a little kid who just entered a candy shop and was told that she could enjoy all the treats set out before her. My stomach still has this excited flip-flop thing going on...and I keep squealing with delight. Yes...squealing! My husband saw my need for a computer so that I could spend more time writing - and - WOW - I still can't believe this incredible gift!!!

Do you know what I find so amazing? Yesterday when I surrendered, through tears, my dream of writing/speaking to the Lord and left it in His hands, totally prepared to accept and embrace however He led, He didn't just give me back a portion - He poured out more than I could ask or imagine.

It's so incredible to me that when we submit to God's plans...when we open our hands from clutching our dreams....He then has room to fill our lives with His purposes. Think of Christ's last words on the cross. "It is finished". Those words really ushered in just the beginning of all that lay ahead.

So...watch out world...I've only just begun!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wahoo!!! What a great gift! And, once again humbled and amazed by God's perfect timing!

Excited to read all that rolls off your computer now.

PS - Looks like a great, sunny place for writing! ;o)

Kelley said...

Joy,
First of all CONGRATULATIONS! on your new laptop!! I got one for my birthday awhile back and it truly is like having a new toy! There is something so freeing about not being tied to a bulky PC! I guess you could say the Lord has truly set us free! hee hee!

Secondly, thank you for the encouraging comments you left on my "Stiff Neck" post. Many times I wonder if what I am writing makes sense to anyone else (that lack of confidence syndrome) so your words really gave me a lift!

Finally, I promise to be praying for you and your decision to attend the She Speaks conference. Have you definitely decided to go? I am still waiting for the Lord to show me His will on the matter. Are you thinking of the writing or speaking track? I would guess writing with your new laptop, but you never know.

OK, I think that is it for now. Except to tell you how grateful I am that God has brought us together in this on-line world!! You are a blessing...

~~Kelley

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your new laptop. It is inspiring to see what God will do for others when they submit to him. It helps me to "open [my] hands from clutching [my] dreams." I love that! I cannot wait to see where God takes you next.