Monday, July 14, 2008

I AM

"I Found Joy in a BIG God" Part Twelve

Saturday afternoon I found myself with a little "free" time. I decided to begin filling out the evaluation form included in my "She Speaks" package. I'm not a last-minute-gal. Having served on the "Women Of Grace" conference committee, I also realize the value feedback provides and I like thoughtful time to write extra, encouraging remarks. Although I wouldn't be able to complete it entirely, I could answer the majority of the questions. So I found a comfy chair and pulled out my pen.

Many of the queries were standard, asking the reader to rate the food, accommodation, personal value etc... As I worked my way down the page I came to a question that I interpreted to be asking, What was my #1 take-away from this weekend?

Everything thus far had been above excellence, all done for the glory of God. However, so much of this trip had been about the process that my mind was still reeling over God providing a travel companion and giving me the incredible victory of facing my fears. All else paled in comparison.

As this was only Saturday afternoon, I prayed that if God wanted to reveal any more of His treasures and wonders, He would keep me from missing anything He had prepared for me. I don't want to live in past God experiences - even though they may just be yesterdays delights. I remember asking, 'God, what do You still have in store for me?'

After answering as much of this form as possible, I spent some time visiting with friends and then felt the longing to spend time with my Best Friend. I headed to the Prayer Room. Renee would be sharing after dinner and I wanted to storm heaven on her behalf. I also really needed to sit quietly in awe and reverence before God, in thankfulness for all He had done and was doing for me.

Entering the Prayer Room almost took my breath away. The room was dark, except for some candles casting a gentle glow around the room. Soft music was playing. Chairs, placed in groupings of two, pillows, a sofa, all provided a quiet oasis to meet with Jesus. I bowed my head and had such an intimate time in His presence. It truly was a time of refreshing, sitting at His feet, and expressing my praise to the One enthroned on high.

I discovered later that I missed a precious gift in this sanctuary. On a table against the wall, were placed all the names of those in attendance at the conference. Over the names of all the ladies were placed the various Names of God. Since coming home I heard from a gal who found her name under Jehovah Jireh - God provides. This was exactly how she needed to meet the Lord that weekend - as Provider God. I was wishing so much I had been aware of this beautiful ministry while I was in the Prayer Room, although, I'm sure over my name would have been written, "I AM", as God revealed to me along this journey that He is everything to me.

"And all of You
Is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in You is more than enough" (Jeremy Camp)


13 comments:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Oh Joy... what a treasure to read your views of the prayer room.

Please hop over to Luann Prater's site and tell her to read your entry from today.

It will bless her in the deepest of ways.

Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Joy,
Lysa was right! I am so thrilled that you discovered the prayer room and your sweet words are a blessing to me. Some women never realize it is there but there names are all prayed over before they arrive.

I have heard from so many women who have told me their name was placed exactly where it needed to be. That is God doing what He does best, speaking to us in the midst of our circumstances.

One woman told me she found her name between the communion bread and cup. Then with tear filled eyes she said God had been telling her all weekend to find her nourishment in Him. Another told of how she had been suffering from an ailment and found her name on The Healer.

Thanks for sharing your heart and for allowing us to peek in. We love you Joy and you encourage us daily.

Love you bunches,
Luann

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

How did I miss the prayer room? Not surprisingly, this question is indicative of a better portion of my life...

missing the prayer room.

Next year, hog tie me and get me there, OK?!

peace~elaine

Unknown said...

Out of all of the other writings on the She Speaks conference, yours alone stands out far from the crowd in showing just what it was all about. Thanks for sharing these wonderful treasures from your heart. I am living vicariously through you.

Until your next installment,
prayers and blessings!
Rebecca

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I, too missed the prayer room. Maybe next year I'll know to look for it!

Hey, I have a post up on my blog today with the names of God. You might enjoy reading it. There are so many names, I AM really is the ONLY name that can sum it all up!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Joy,
I have begun to leave your blog almost "speech-LESS" after reading your daily posts about the "She Speaks" conference!

I can't describe what the difference is but your writing has changed in the short time I have known you. It is deeper and more spiritual than ever....not to say that it was ever shallow!....and emphasizes how you have grown closer and closer to the Lord.

I hate to admit it but I don't feel I have made that same advancement in my own life during the same period of time. I do want to grow stronger in my spiritual life though so am not by any means giving up.

Keep giving us the nourishment we need through your blog.

Your friend in Mississippi,

Marilyn

Lynn Cowell said...

Joy,
How did I miss that very special blessing? So good of you to share it...

Lynn

Jill Beran said...

Joy,
Since you mentioned similarites to my experiences, I decided to see what you had to say. And Joy I'm thankful I did. It was great to hear about your experience at She Speaks and how that all came together for you - amazing!! In a way I feel your words might help me get there next year - I too can relate to your traveling fears and often doubt myself, but the conference has been a thought in the back of my mind for awhile now, so I continue to pray and trust. Thanks for sharing your story, gives me hope for mine!!

I enjoyed reading all of your entries and appreciate your honesty. I am new to the blogging world, but am enjoying it. It is a blessing to see God at work and the connections that are taking place among Christian women.
Blessings,
Jill

Yolanda said...

Joy:

This statement pierced my thoughts.

" I don't want to live in past God experiences - even though they may just be yesterdays delights."


How true...to always be expecting.

Love ya,
Yolanda

Paula V said...

Your reflections of your experience at She Speaks and even more importantly with God is so precious to so many.
Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
Paula

Cheri Bunch said...

Dear Joy, I loved the prayer room. It was such a refuge for me. Thank you for reminding me of that awesome place. Love you, Cheri

Anonymous said...

Joy I have read all the comments here so far, and I have to agree, I love your writing.

It seems to get better and better. I just loved this post. How many times do I look to the past God experiences in my life, and miss the ones happening now.

Then there are the times that I am looking to the future too far and worrying about upcoming things, and forget about the past and the good things that God has done.

God bless you, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog... and keep writing!!!
Love you,
heather

About Nancy said...

Oh, thank you for sharing this. What a precious read. I can envision the prayer room and wish I could have been there.
Thanks for sharing!
Nancy